Last updated: March 2017
What personal information do we collect?
The information we may collect includes, but may not be limited to:
- Your contact information to register with our System, such as your first name, last name, phone number, email address, website URL and information about your sport and organization;
- Your contact information to register to receive our newsletter, email updates or respond to a survey or marketing communication, such as your first name, last name, email address and information regarding your organization;
- Your contact information to request a demo of TeamGenius, such as your first name, last name, phone number, email address, organization, and any additional information you voluntarily provide regarding your request;
- Your contact information to respond to inquiries you initiate through the System, such as your first name, last name, phone number, email address, organization, and any additional information you voluntarily provide regarding your inquiry;
- Your contact information and any information you voluntarily provide while using the System’s “Help” feature, including your first name, last name, email address, information about how we can help you, and any files you provide in connection with your request;
- Your billing information to make a purchase using the System, such as your debit card number, credit card number, expiration date, bank account information, billing address, activation codes, or similar information;
- Your transaction history relating to the use of our products and services;
- Information regarding your browser and other technical specifications required to use our Sites;
- Computer data or files, often called “cookies,” which may be sent by your web browser and stored on an individual computer to allow our server to “recognize” you through the navigation of the Sites;
- Computer data files, often called “web beacons” that are collected from emails or links on third-party sites that allow our server to evaluate the popularity of those links or the information contained in emails or on third-party sites; and
- Your IP address to measure our website traffic and to help provide a more personalized experience.
Children Under the Age of 13
The Children’s Online Privacy and Protection Act (“COPPA”) requires that online service providers obtain clear and verifiable parental consent before using personal information from children under 13. Our System is not directed to children under 13. While TeamGenius may collect certain information about children under 13 that teams, leagues, associations, or other organizations (“Organization(s)”) provide to our System, we require that the Organization obtain verifiable parental consent from the parent or guardian prior to inputting information about a child into our System.
The System is intended to comply with COPPA and we encourage you to visit http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/edu/pubs/consumer/tech/tec08.shtm for more information about COPPA and children’s privacy. We have made efforts to design the System to be what we think is child appropriate. However, no system can be error free and we encourage you to supervise your child’s use of the System and teach him or her about protecting themselves and their personal information online.
In the event that we become aware that we have collected COPPA-restricted personal information from any child other than as permitted under that law, we will dispose of that information or otherwise treat it in accordance with COPPA law and other applicable laws and regulations. If you are a parent or guardian and you believe that your child under the age of thirteen has provided us with personal information (as defined by COPPA) without COPPA-required consent, please contact us at email@example.com.
How do we Share User Information?
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information unless we provide you with advance notice. This does not include website hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our Sites, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential.
However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
We may provide user information to third-party service providers or vendors for purposes of, including without limitation, initiating direct marketing programs on our behalf, data tracking, maintenance or development of our System, development of online products and services or customer service or new product development, or other contracted promotional opportunities provided to our users. We will not share your information with third parties to directly market their products to you. We may share this information with any subsidiaries, licensees, suppliers, distributors, affiliates, assigns, successors, or other related entities and their respective owners. We may also share your personal information in connection with law enforcement requests or in response to investigations, subpoenas, court orders, or other legal process to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims or as otherwise required by law.
We may also disclose your information to a third party as part of reorganization or a sale of the assets of TeamGenius, or its subsidiaries or divisions. Any third party to which TeamGenius transfers or sells the System or related assets will have the right to continue to use the personal and other information that you provide to us.
How do we protect User information?
We maintain administrative, physical and technical safeguards for all user information collected by our System.
Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. In addition, all sensitive/credit information you supply is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.
We implement a variety of security measures when a user places an order enters, submits, or accesses their information to maintain the safety of your personal information.
All transactions are processed through a gateway provider and are not stored or processed on our servers.
We may use third-party vendors, such as Google AdSense, to advertise to our users online. These third-party vendors may display TeamGenius product advertisements on other websites based on your internet usage. More specifically, these vendors use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytic cookie) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) together to inform, optimize, and serve ads based on your past visits to the Sites or another site affiliated with TeamGenius products or services. Any information that these third parties collect via cookies is not linked to any personally identifiable information (name, address, email address, or phone number) we collect or you provide on the website. You can opt-out of Google Analytics for Display Adv ertising by using Google’s Ads Settings.
How Can Users Limit Information Collected?
While we work hard to use and disclose our users’ personal information only for the purposes identified above, you can choose not to provide personal information or limit the personal information obtained by us as follows:
- You may have your contact information removed from our marketing lists to inform users of new or relevant products, services, and special offers by clicking on the unsubscribe link in any communication received from us or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org;
- You may limit the collection of “cookies” through your browser settings. However, this may disable our ability to provide you with the most relevant products or information regarding the System; and
- You may limit the ability of Google Analytics to track your online activity, as outlined in the “Behavioral Advertising” section.
California Online Privacy Protection Act
California Civil Code § 1798.83 permits users that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please contact us at email@example.com.
How do our Sites handle do not track signals?
We honor do not track signals and do not track, plant cookies, or use advertising when a Do Not Track (DNT) browser mechanism is in place.
25533 Heritage Lane
Wyoming, MN 55092